A List - Things I want to blog about... Eventually
I just wanted to jot some of these topics down so I could come back to them at some point... because they are all things I've done but haven't really documented well... or things I want or need to learn about.
Perhaps someone will find some of the topics interesting and initiate a fire under me so I'll get to them quicker... or perhaps someone will follow a link or two that is new to them and learn about something before I do... and share what they learn.
You know to click on read more link below for the rest, right?
Things I've done that I should share
- How to fix a broken or missing GRUB bootloader on a Linux software-based RAID 1 system... if you can't even boot, what good is RAID 1?
- How to do a GUI-based network install (media-less) of CentOS over VNC
- How to install Zimbra Collaboration Suite in an OpenVZ VPS
- How to install, configure and use Drupal
- Using SystemRescueCD, gparted, partimage and partimaged for deployment of Linux and Windows XP Pro (dual-boot or is it duel-boot? he) on a lab full of computers where are the hard drives and partition tables are the same
- Using rsync for deployment of Linux on machines with different hard drives sizes and partition tables
- Using rsync and rdiff-backup for backups
Things I want or need to learn about
- Installing the BackupPC server application and then configuring Linux and Windows clients for automated backup over ssh
- Using VMware ESX
- Using Virtuozzo
- Using KVM on machines with VT hardware in the CPU
- Installing Fedora Directory Server and integrating it with Microsoft's Active Directory
- Learn Microsoft Windows Administration better so I can help Windows users more