The meeting has been cancelled. Please see the mailing list for a discussion of possibility changing future meeting dates.
Open topic this month. I will be bringing an the OLPC XO-1.75 system for show and tell.
Continuing the "parade of hardware" this month, Srinavas Gumdelli recently recieved a $49 Android PC from Via which will be shown at the meeting.
As the name implies, yes it runs Android OS and we all know that has the Linux kernel underneath. While the APC is similar to the Raspberry Pi in cost and hardware capabilities, it is quite a bit different.
Regular July BozemanLUG meeting
The June meeting has been moved up 1 week because I'm (Scott Dowdle) going to be out of town on the 28th... so the 21st.
Presenter: Scott Dowdle
1) The Raspberry Pi - my Raspberry Pi arrived a week before the meeting. I ordered on the first day and went through RS Components. I must have been way down on the list that supposedly was around 100,000 orders. I know two guys in Billings who ordered from Element 14 and got theirs a week or two before I did. I'll be showing the Raspberry Pi, the most recent build of Debian Wheezy for Raspberry Pi, as well as a custom Lego case my son made.
2) Plugable Multi-Seat - One of the more exciting features added to systemd, gdm and GNOME 3 Shell in Fedora 17 was "multi-seat" support... just plug-in a compatible USB device and it automatically fires up an additional login session. Supply an additional monitor, mouse, and keyboard (and speakers/headphones) for each user and you can turn one computer into a usable system for up to 10 people. I have one unit of both Plugable models and will show them in action. For more information, see the video on their kickstarter page. Just plug them in and they work... no software setup required... amazing!
Fedora 17 came out Tuesday, May 29th. This meeting will be a little celebration and what's new presentation.
Presenter: Scott Dowdle
- What's new in GIMP 2.8
- Intro to Krita 2.4
- Using a high resolution input device with pressure sensitivity
GIMP 2.8 is just around the corner. We'll have a look at several of the new features in GIMP 2.8 including the "Single Window" mode it offers.
Calligra (a fork of Koffice like LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice.org) recently released version 2.4 of all of their applications including Krita. Krita is an often overlooked bitmap image editing program especially well suited to original art composition. We'll take a look at Krita 2.4 using a VisTablet for input.
Regular March BozemanLUG meeting
Regular February BozemanLUG meeting
- Bruce Perens' Keynote speech from linux.conf.au 2012
- Wii Homebrew Channel, Homebrew Browser, and WiiMC
- Terminator - a GUI multi-session terminal emulator